benched and bemouned away
Some come to sit , some are so sly
While some just come to laugh or cry,
Some talk to themselves ,some to sky,
No one knows that I’m sitting by,
Some rest on me and search for peace,
Through bustling crowd,they sit with ease,
I sit, I sit by the lake,watch people go,
Watch motor boats just pass by,
All this starts when morning begins ,
And continues till the sun sets in,
And my new chums, they often leave,
And forget to thank me , or ask if –u-please,
My day without and itenary goes on,
While some chums cry
And some laugh by.
Some people have their pretty mates,
They talk with love about their dates,
Some came to have their first little kiss,
Some talk about their weddin rings new bliss,
As time went by, all was new,
No lovers came,and came no crew,
Men who often found time for me,
Would come and talk about their gadgets spree.
As time went by, all was new
Airplane's replaced singing cuckoo,
While sprinkerls replaced my whistling friend
I knew "every story somewhere ends",
I knew I grew old so fast ,
I forgot to count the seasons past,
And one fine day I was uprooted away,
And replaced by a beautiful friend,
And named it something I don’t reckon,
I was thrown away,
And but i know I’ll be remembered one day
By some chum, I wont know when
As “THE BENCH” they’d rest on often!..
While some just come to laugh or cry,
Some talk to themselves ,some to sky,
No one knows that I’m sitting by,
Some rest on me and search for peace,
Through bustling crowd,they sit with ease,
I sit, I sit by the lake,watch people go,
Watch motor boats just pass by,
All this starts when morning begins ,
And continues till the sun sets in,
And my new chums, they often leave,
And forget to thank me , or ask if –u-please,
My day without and itenary goes on,
While some chums cry
And some laugh by.
Some people have their pretty mates,
They talk with love about their dates,
Some came to have their first little kiss,
Some talk about their weddin rings new bliss,
As time went by, all was new,
No lovers came,and came no crew,
Men who often found time for me,
Would come and talk about their gadgets spree.
As time went by, all was new
Airplane's replaced singing cuckoo,
While sprinkerls replaced my whistling friend
I knew "every story somewhere ends",
I knew I grew old so fast ,
I forgot to count the seasons past,
And one fine day I was uprooted away,
And replaced by a beautiful friend,
And named it something I don’t reckon,
I was thrown away,
And but i know I’ll be remembered one day
By some chum, I wont know when
As “THE BENCH” they’d rest on often!..

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home